Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber - whatever you like in a burger.
Cheese (if you wish to make a cheese burger)
500g of Minced Beef
1/2 an onion
A little olive/sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/200 degrees C for a fan assisted oven/gas mark 7.
- Put the beef into a bowl. Season well.
- Chop the onion finely onto a chopping board. You can have as little or as much onion as you want. Depending on what you prefer.
- Add the onion into the bowl with the mince in. Use a fork to break up the strands of beef up. After a while you can use your hands to mash the mince together until it is in a round ball.
- Cut up the potatoes into "wedges" of potatoes. You can cut them as thin or as thick as you like.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season well.
- Place the potatoes into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, divide the mince into equally sized balls, squish these to make them into burger shapes. The amount in the ball can vary, depending on how thick you want the burgers to be.
- Heat a frying pan (skillet) until hot and add the burgers. You may not be able to fit all burgers into one frying pan so you may have to have 2 pans on the go. No need to add oil.
- Cook the burgers through, roughly 7 minutes on each side. When you are waiting for one side to cook, take the potatoes out of the oven to flip them over so they get cooked evenly. There is no need to move the burgers around because they will cook themselves.
- Cook the burgers until they are brown through the middle and cooked thoroughly.
- When everything is cooked, drain the burgers so you get all of the fat out of them.
- Make your burger to how you would want it using the lettuce, cucumber, tomato etc., add the sauces you wish and add the chips/wedges to the plate.
What's your favourite recipe to cook?