Saturday 7 September 2013

GOSH velvet touch foundation primer - review

When you see a sample of a product in store, you immediately go and pick a few up. This is what happened a few weeks back in Superdrug, I picked up 5 samples of the GOSH velvet touch foundation primer. 
I needed a new primer and was so pleased when I saw a sample of this, perfect timing 'eh? But when it came to using it, I wasn't so pleased. As you can see from the picture above, I only used 1/5 samples. You get 2ml of product per sample and this managed to cover my face with some still left over. 
I had high expectations because the full size is £12.99! However I was very disappointed with this product and I am glad I didn't have to spend money on it! 


All of the information about the product is correct. It did "fill in fine lines and deep pores", but felt slimy and greasy also, this put me off before I even found out if it was a good primer or not. I applied the primer with my fingers and put it on the whole of my face, I did notice that it would even fill in the ridges in my fingers, weird! 

Anyway, onto the main question. Did it make my foundation stay on any longer? Well, no. No it didn't. Normally I can go a whole day wearing my foundation and it only comes off in some places (cheeks and nose), but when I used this it seemed to have made my foundation slide off my face and not stay put! So I will definitely not be using this primer again. 

I hope you found this review helpful if you were looking into buying this product, sorry it was so negative but it was my opinion. But what I would like to know is what's your favourite primer? I'd love to give it a try! :-) 

lots of love, Lucy x

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, I love reading every single one of them! Don't forget to check me out on bloglovin', I will follow you all back, links on the side bar :) xx